UNDERGROUND UTILITY DESIGNATION / SUBSURFACE UTILITY ENGINEERING
RE&LS has earned our reputation for reliability, flexibility, and fair pricing as Land Surveying and Subsurface Utility Engineering professionals. Clients repeatedly request our experienced technicians on jobs across New York State- from Plattsburgh to Long Island, Buffalo to Albany- to locate, designate, and protect vital utilities.
Starting your project with Subsurface Utility Engineering in the design stage reduces unexpected utility conflicts, construction delays, contractor claims, utility relocations and redesigns- saving contractors time and money.
Our Subsurface Utility Engineering services include:
- Utility designation and mark out
- Pre-Excavation utility clearing for construction
- Utility relocation plan support
- Utility design/specification support
- Real-time mapping
- Subsurface anomalies, facilities and utility detection using triple frequency GPR
- Concrete GPR scanning
- Visual/Video pipe inspection and recording
- Utility and substructure conflict identification
- Quality Level A, non-destructive vacuum excavation
RE&LS also offers FAA-certified sUAS 107/drone photography and mapping services to supplement land surveying requirements for design and construction projects.
SUE is a value-added service, bringing quality and accountability to any project. The US Department of Transportation, the National Transportation Safety Board, the US Department of Energy, Associated General Contractors of America, universities and utility companies endorse the use of Subsurface Utility Engineering.
RE&LS is an authorized Dig Safe NY Private Utility Locating Firm.