Subsurface Utility Engineering Manager
Office: Rochester, NY
Position, Full-Time, Office & Remote Work Available
Our Rochester Firm is seeking a Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) Manager to lead and develop our SUE team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiate and maintain contact with key personnel and officials of organizations and companies. This includes coordinating with municipalities to obtain proper certifications/permits, and maintaining/developing client relationships.
- Training of SUE technicians in the theory of utility designating and practical application of designating methods.
- Plan, organize, and supervise crews.
- Administer contracts and manage projects, interpret, organize, execute and coordinate assignments.
- Schedule and assign work to meet completion date.
- Developing and monitoring project scope, budget, schedule and quality control for SUE projects from the proposal stage through final deliverables.
- Planning of SUE crew schedules and coordination with other departments to ensure the proper allocation of personnel and resources to meet project deadlines.
- Responsible for safety coordination of SUE effort.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSE:
- 4+ years of experience in SUE designation & demonstrated experience managing SUE crews.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to generate revenue through existing client base and new business development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to prioritize work with tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please respond via email, with cover letter and résumé attached to:
Excellent Employee Benefits
Participation in our 401K plan