Subsurface Utility Engineering
Subsurface Utility Engineering and Location services include:
- Utility designation and mark out
- Utility verification
- Pre-excavation utility clearing for construction
- Utility relocation plan support
- Utility design/specification support
- Real-time mapping
- Subsurface anomalies, facilities and utility detection using triple frequency GPR
- Concrete GPR scanning
- Visual/Video pipe inspection and recording
- Utility and substructure conflict identification
- Quality Level A-D, non-destructive vacuum excavation
RE&LS is an authorized Dig Safe NY Private Utility Locating Firm in Rochester, NY . We locate privately owned underground utilities such as gas, electric, fiber, sewer, water, sanitary, etc.
Why Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE)?
- Up to 15% faster project delivery
- Safer work sites
- Cost savings- as much as 25% on utility designation and location
- More accurate design and cost estimates (+more savings!)
RE&LS has earned our reputation for reliability, flexibility, and fair pricing as Land Surveying and Subsurface Utility Engineering professionals. Clients repeatedly request our experienced technicians on jobs across New York State- from Plattsburgh to Long Island, Buffalo to Albany- to locate, designate, and protect vital utilities.
Starting your project with Subsurface Utility Engineering in the design stage reduces unexpected utility conflicts, construction delays, contractor claims, utility relocations and redesigns- saving time and money.
RE&LS supplements its subsurface utility engineering services with PACP-certified pipe inspection. These detailed digital images from inside pipelines can locate problems that can add time and headache to your design process and construction operations, including:
- Pipeline blockages
- Pipe wall cracks or collapses
- Root intrusions