Office: Rochester, NY
The Senior Survey Technician coordinates and performs drafting of projects to ensure that they are completed within technical, project, budgetary, and timeline constraints. This position reviews projects for compliance with company policies and standards, as well as ensures a smooth interface with other disciplines within the firm and project team. Reports directly to the Project Surveyor or Project Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands and follows the company’s standard CAD procedures for layering, line types, colors, and standard drawing procedures for sheet layout. (AutoCAD Civil 3D, Bentley MicroStation, and Bentley InRoads)
- Works under minimum supervision of project manager and project surveyor to prepare finished drawings from very complex sketches, notes, layouts, detail, and verbal instruction.
- Checks drawings for quality assurance purposes.
- Will be required to prepare calculations.
- Makes sure drafting assignments are of quality and within budget hours and on schedule.
- Reduces field data for preparation of surveys by importing raw field files and using calculated points for survey plan preparation in CAD.
- Provides research for survey projects, including deed, utility, roadway and subdivision map research.
- Remains current with changes and upgrades in CAD systems used and continually works to improve efficiency.
- Calculates invert and subsurface utility information based on field measurements and record maps.
- Prepares written descriptions and plots deeds.
- Assists with office filing, data download, and electronic file management.
- Recommends new approaches and ideas that continuously improve efficiency and services performed.
- Keeps Project Manager aware of workload and requests work when needed; maintains a high level of productivity.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSE:
- High School diploma or higher.
- Familiarity with current local, state, and surveying regulations.
- Experience working with topographic, boundary, utility, layout, and GPS mapping.
- Strong field skills and mathematical ability.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Candidate should have the ability to work well individually and within groups.
- Can multi-task effectively.
- Candidate should have very effective communication and presentation skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please respond via email, with cover letter and résumé attached to:
Excellent Employee Benefits
Participation in our 401K plan