Office: Rochester, NY
Position, Full-Time, Office & Some Remote Work Available
Qualified candidates for the Project Surveyor position must be knowledgeable in Land Surveying for a variety of applications, including boundary determination, topographic and utility surveys, highway surveys and subdivisions. The position requires up-to-date knowledge of current field and office technologies, an ability to oversee projects, and mentor staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing technical aspects of projects from start to finish under the direction and supervision of Department Manager.
- Coordination of project tasks with field and office staff.
- Managing project work load and schedule, and ensuring quality control for assigned projects.
- Development of survey proposals
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSE:
- 5-10 years of experience in Land Surveying.
- Associates degree in Land Surveying, Civil Engineering or a related field preferred
- New York State Professional Land Surveyor License preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of Land Surveying, including boundary determinations, traverse/control adjustments, topographic surveying/mapping, easement acquisitions, NYSDOT Standards and Procedures, and ALTA requirements.
- Knowledge of and experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Thorough understanding of the use of up-to-date field and office survey technologies.
- Ability to perform legal research and boundary computations.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Surveyor License (Preferred)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please respond via email, with cover letter and résumé attached to:
Excellent Employee Benefits
Participation in our 401K plan